Richard J. Tomeny Jr. Attorney at Law services clients who encounter business issues that relate to financially distressed situations. Whether the financial problems relate to a customer, a competitor, a related company or the client itself, Richard J. Tomeny, Jr. is ready to provide finance legal services, counseling, workout and litigation services. Richard J. Tomeny, Jr. is an experienced commercial and bankruptcy litigator. He has extensive experience with corporate governance and commercial lending. His banking and financial experience as general counsel for a commercial bank coupled with his experience in turnaround management, workouts and debt restructurings are invaluable assets for clients in financially distressed situations.
Richard has represented financially distressed clients in many of the sectors which are currently experiencing challenges and activity, e.g., construction, oil & gas, securities, hospitality (hotels), medical practices, law firms, real estate developers, intellectual property, joint ventures/strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions. Richard's firm provides client services in the following general areas:
- Avoiding business bankruptcy.
- Turnaround management, workouts and debt restructurings. In the current business climate,
- Richard is frequently asked to advise institutional clients and smaller businesses on strategies-before and after bankruptcy-to avoid litigation costs and resolve financial issues.
- Partnership disputes and dissolutions
- Sale of businesses, assets or intellectual property
- Licensing and Franchise Agreements
- Representing financially troubled businesses in reorganization proceedings under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Representing secured creditors in Chapter 11 cases, obtaining release of collateral or repayment of debt in connection with negotiated plans of reorganization.
- Representing committees of unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases, including providing litigation services in prosecuting preference and fraudulent conveyance claims of the bankruptcy estate.
- Acting as counsel to lenders where the borrower is encountering financial problems requiring debt restructuring, debt consolidation or alternative financing arrangements.
- Providing advice to lenders regarding documentation of the relationship with their customers, limiting the risks involved should a serious deterioration in financial condition occur.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition of assets from insolvent enterprises or bankruptcy trustees.
- Representing lenders in state court collection actions, suits on promissory notes, foreclosure actions, garnishments and other creditor remedy proceedings. Business Workouts In the current business climate, Richard is frequently asked to advise individual clients and smaller businesses on strategies - before and after bankruptcy - to avoid litigation costs and resolve financial issues.